Friday, April 13, 2012

Here Comes The Sun

So you may or may not know this about me, but I am a Beatles fanatic. I was so lucky and happy to be able to see Paul McCartney play live at Wrigley Field this past summer in Chicago. And, to top it off, I was there with my very best friend RH. We had so much fun. When the concert was over and we made our way back out of Wrigley Field and around the back of the stadium, the confetti was still floating in the air, the weather was gorgeous and the people were visiting and being friendly. As RH put it, it was magical. So, I thought it might be fun to do some lyrical art journaling and what better music to start with than with the Beatles. This is a series of swaps that I'm hosting on swap-bot. For the first of this series I picked, "Here Comes The Sun," one of my all-time favorite songs. The swap details are here: http://www.swap-bot.com/swap/show/115349. I put the details up on swap-bot and had a pretty good showing of 8 people. I'm still waiting to see if every one actually fulfilled the swap, but so far, so good. I received this lovely journal page from ameccan. She also wrote me a very sweet note with the page, letting me know that she is new to swapping. I hope that she sticks with it. What you can't tell from the picture is the beautiful paper that she put this on. It's very soft and has frayed edges (I love that). Thank you so much ameccan for your journal page and I hope that you had fun doing this swap. Here is her page:

© 2012 by ameccan



Sometimes I do already have an idea when I pick a theme, but in this case, I didn't really know what I was going to create when I picked the theme. When I started with this series, I had the song, "Rain" in my head as I had already done an ATC of that song. But, with this one, I just kind of thought of the contrast of winter and summer (which the song uses as a metaphor for the winter and summer of a relationship). "Long, cold, lonely winter..." Do I know what that feels like! We spent the last 7 years in a suburb of Milwaukee and the winters there are dark, dreary, cold, and cloudy. There is nothing like that first warm day when the sun comes out and all the people emerge from their homes. On those days, everything feels alright. I wanted to convey that contrast when I drew this journal page. The page is created with acrylic paint, ink, and watercolors. It was sent to bearnbabs in Virginia.


© 2012 by Mary Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment