Saturday, April 21, 2012

Page by Page Nature Journal: Dogwood Flowers

Another Swap-bot swap sent, another Swap-bot swap received.  I am really into art journaling as of late.  I have a couple that I keep.  Some are sloppy and a bit more free but some are neat and tidy like this set of swaps hosted by naturenerd3.  The swap participants, thus far has been small, but I'm guessing that will change as the swap series continues.  I joined in on the very first one.  This theme, dogwood.  I received a lovely journal page from Pynart2.  It looks like she used watercolors to do this page.  Funny thing is that for the next month's theme she is my partner and I have to admit, I am a bit nervous about sending her my page since hers is so well done.  Here is what I received from Pynart2:



















© 2012 by Pynart2

This is what I sent out to naturenerd3, the swap host.  I hope she likes it.  I had to do some google research on this one since I have not lived in an area where there are many dogwoods.  I recall a spring trip a few years ago when we stopped at my brother-in-law's house in Huntsville, Alabama when the dogwoods were in bloom.  I suppose for someone who grew up around those, they might not be very impressive, but I was taken aback by their beauty.  When in bloom they are so full of flowers.  And, in Hunstville, there are so many dogwoods.  It was really beautiful.  I made my husband stop a few times so we could view them up close.  I collected some of the buds and brought them home to press and used them in a few ATC cards.  My inspiration for this card was that experience of seeing dogwoods in spring for the first time.  Here is what I created:



















© 2012 by Mary M. Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment