Thursday, October 28, 2010


Why am I doing this and do I really have time? I have been wanting to blog about my wanderings for awhile now, but I don't want the blogging to get into the way of my wanderings. I am a dabbler - - a little of this and a little of that. I dabbled in Etsy for awhile and I really liked Etsy but the minute that I start getting paid for something, I no longer love it. Is that weird? I think this is why ATC cards suite my fancy - - I'm not getting paid to do it, there is a great variety in what I can and do make, and once it's created, it's gone - - given away and never to be seen by my eyes again. This is really the ultimate exercise in detachment. At first, I was so attached to my cards that I would make an extra for myself and then I would just scan in the cards and make a good quality copy, then I would just scan them in and now I just send them out. For blogging, though I'll have to do some scanning or I wouldn't have anything to show about what I'm up to. So, here goes... I'm blogging about my art (and probably my life). Here's to detachment and persevering in the bloggosphere!

1 comment:

  1. Your musings hit home with me in a big way. I longed to become a full time INTENTIONAL artist, but life got in my way. I so enjoy the ATC process, putting my heart into each card, and then giving it away. I found it to be such a freeing way to let creativity flow. Thanks for sharing your journey. ~Chris

    ReplyDelete